Monday, March 21, 2011

Stage At Last

Somehow I have finally made it to my stage.

The restaurant, Villa Maiella, is in a tiny town named Guardiagrelle that's nestled between snow-capped mountains and the Adriatic sea. It is absolutely gorgeous here, very rustic, exactly what you would picture a small Italian village to look like. The building the restaurant is in also houses a small hotel, only about fourteen rooms. Contrary to what I had originally though I will not be staying with the Tinari family for the duration of my stage I have been given a room at the hotel. It's a nice room, pretty big, two twin beds and a bathroom. There's a little t.v. too but I don't think I will be watching much of the local cable, but thankfully there is free wi-fi. I've been on my computer pretty much since I got here, there's not much else to do. I think I am the only person in the hotel and have been on my own all day. Chef Tinari came a couple of hours ago and we spent a little while talking and he showed me some pictures, but after a while he had to get back to work and I've been awkwardly hanging out alone in my room since then. I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing and I am starting to get really bored. I have also grown very hungry and have been sustaining myself off of complimentary hotel candies and tap water....I'm pretty sure I will be dead in the next 30 minutes of a sugar overdose. I hope this is not how it is going to be my whole time here, but only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment