Monday, September 9, 2013

Broccoli Pesto

 

This recipe came to me after trying out and successfully making a Lemon Kale Pesto. I started thinking about different veggies I could hide in a delicious sauce. This sauce came out so good that I just had to share it. You would never guess that this pesto is packing with nutritious broccoli. I don't have kids, but I bet this would be a perfect way to get them to eat their veggies!

Broccoli Pesto
3 heads of broccoli, blanched and cooled in an ice bath, then drained
1 clove garlic
2 bunched of fresh basil leaves
1/2 cup parmiggiano reggiano
1/2 cup of toasted pine nuts
zest of 1/2 lemon
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor, slowly add the olive oil until the sauce comes together. Serve tossed with pasta

No comments:

Post a Comment